Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Trusted?




Quick Oil Change Businesses: Can They Be Trusted?

A lot of people have no idea or haven't got the time to change the oil on their car so they take it to those quick oil change shops. However are you able to really rely on these places to change your oil?

Listed here my goal is to explain to you precisely why you should avoid these shops at all costs and find yourself a regular mechanic who is honest to do the work for you.

Just How Often Should Your Oil Be Changed?

Every single car or truck features a basic servicing plan and guidelines on what things should be done after so many miles. You could have appointed servicing for things like air filter change or an oil change.

But did you seriously go through the automobile's owner's manual? I know for certain that your motor oil does not even need to be changed every 3000 miles much like these quick oil change places will tell you.

If you read your manual, you are going to know that your oil should be changed every 6000 to 7000 miles. So, if you think of it, these speedy oil change places are lying to you so they can take your money.

What About the Air Filter?

If you review the owner's manual, you should also see at what time you should get the air filters changed. For my vehicle, it is suggested that the air filters get switched out every two years or when it is clogged up.

In reality, I hadn't changed the filter in four years since it still looked pretty good, however I changed it anyway. But, every time I would head over to these quick oil change places, they'd tell me I would need a new air filter.

Six months after I changed my personal air filter on my own, I took my car to one of these oil change places and I was told that my air filter needed to be changed.

They professed that the air filter was starting to discolor which suggested that it would start clogging at anytime. Interestingly, I told them that I replaced the filter merely six months ago and their answer was that I would need to change it in another six months.

The thing I don't understand about that is that initially this individual told me it needed to be changed. At that point their argument changed when I revealed that it wasn't that old. This is just total dishonesty followed by protecting their butt's.

Transmission Fluid

One further thing that one of these businesses managed to do was change my transmission fluid once. I am sure they tell you it must be changed every time you go in there. This one time I permitted them to do it.

Three months later, when I went back to have an oil change, they told me the transmission fluid was dirty and needed to be changed again. After that, I never went to these businesses again.

Since then, I have found an auto mechanic who is honest that can work on my car. Surprisingly, many of these folks who work at the quick oil change places have never had any training in fixing cars. Though a licensed mechanic has had the proper education.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More